A travel blog is where someone who travels the world writes down his journeys, educates people about traveling, or in other words encompasses his travel diaries which help travel aspirants know the ins and outs of traveling.
This article answers every frequently asked question about travel blogs and travel blogging.
- What travel bloggers do?
- Can travel blogs make money?
- How do travel bloggers get paid?
- What is the best travel blog site?
- Can I start a travel blog without traveling?
- How do travel bloggers get free trips?
- How do I write a travel blog?
- How do I create a travel blog for free?
- How to create a travel blog with WordPress?
- Are travel blogs profitable?
- How can I get a travel blog job?
- What are some attractive travel blog names?
What travel bloggers do?
A travel blogger is somebody who travels far and wide knowing the places (cities, countries, etc) and write on their travel-blog websites, getting paid from an assortment of online and offline sources.
A travel blogger is an independent writer who keeps up their own blog site and endeavors to get paid from the incentive in their composed articles and blogs. The travel-blogger is ought to travel to different countries or cities in a country so as to acquire energizing, useful encounters that he/she will pen down on their travel-blog website. Apart from writing; adding photos and illustrations are also mandatory to make the blog attractive and explaining.
Can travel blogs make money?
Travel blogs can make money in several ways. There’s a detailed answer to it.
- Through Ads
If your travel blog starts getting a fair amount of traffic you can put an advertisement on it which will pay you as per the number of clicks by your visitors. There are multiple ad companies, Google AdSense and Mediavine are two prominent companies.
- Through Affiliates
You can make money by travel blogging by putting affiliate links to the products in your articles. You will get commissions when someone buys the product through your link. Amazon is the biggest that bloggers use for affiliate links. Affiliate blogging is a vast field, you can learn about it from the link given at the bottom of this article.
- Sell Photos
Travel bloggers capture many unique mesmerizing photos while exploring the world. You can sell those photos on stock websites like Adobe and Pexels.
- Freelance Writing
You can use your travel blog as a portfolio for gaining freelance writing work. There are loads of websites where buyers are looking for blog writers. Fiverr and PeoplePerHour are two of those sites. I also earn good money from Fiverr as a freelance writer.
- Sell Guest Post
A guest post is where other bloggers approach you and ask you for publishing an article on your website. You can charge them any amount by negotiating. For guest posts, you, however, need to wait until your travel blog gets traffic in thousands.
- Sell Info Products
You can sell short books on your travel blog. Bloggers write blogging tips and trick guides and sell them on their blog sites.
How do travel bloggers get paid?
Getting paid relies on the type of monetization a travel blogger is using on his site. If you use ads, Google will pay you on the 21st of every month. Mediavine works on a NET 65 basis. They pay every month’s amount after 65 days. So, you will get paid after every 65 days.
- Amazon Affiliate: Money made through Amazon affiliate is sent to you after 60 days of each month. So, you will not get paid every month but every 2 months. They send payment via check, bank deposit, or Amazon gift card.
- Freelance Writing: You can use your travel blog as a portfolio for gaining freelance writing work. There are loads of websites where buyers are looking for blog writers. Fiverr and PeoplePerHour are two of those sites. I also earn good money from Fiverr as a freelance writer.
- Guest Posting: A guest post is where other bloggers approach you and ask for publishing an article on your website. You can charge them any amount by negotiating. For guest posts, you, however, need to wait until your travel blog gets traffic in thousands.
- Short Books: You can sell short books on your travel blog. Bloggers write blogging tips and trick guides and sell them on their blog sites.
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using one of these links, I might get paid a small commission at no extra cost to you. Please read my disclosure for more info.
What is the best travel blog site?
Travellerspoint.com is the most famous and trusted travel blog site. Beside it the following are also well-known travel-blog sites:
You can know these sites thoroughly by visiting this article on this website: 13 Best Travel-Blog Sites.
Can I start a travel blog without traveling?
No. You don’t need to be a full-time traveler. You don’t generally even need to travel at all on the off chance that you need to run a travel blog. Indeed, I’d state it helps, however honestly, you simply need to realize how to make great quality travel content that can fill your travel-blog, and cause it to appear as though you’re a specialist in the travel blogging niche.
However, it is truly hard to give helpful data without traveling. Generally, traveler looks for tips that lone a neighborhood (or somebody that has truly visited the spot) knows. General data on spots can be found all over, so what it is truly significant is to give valuable data on what to do, unordinary spots to visit, recommendations on cafés, museums, forts, transportation, thoughts on-off in unexpected direction agendas, and so on
How do travel bloggers get free trips?
Having a travel blog website that has gained a lot of authority in the niche or in other words has become a brand is a surety that you will get offers for free trips from sponsors. You will approach some relevant companies and pitch the idea that how as a travel blogger you can promote their company. They’ll assess your website and provide you a free trip if they like your website.
How do I write a travel blog?
- Write the trip on the trip. You visited a place, explored it completely, and got all the information about it. Now:
- Conclude your journey, make points (table of contents). And write a complete blog post that covers all aspects of your journey to a place.
- Read books about traveling. Reading makes you a better writer. I recommend the following books to be a better travel blogger.
How do I create a travel blog for free?
To create a travel blog for free, you need to use blogger.com. Blogger is a website builder by Google. You can access it just by signing in to your Google account and typing blogger.com in the browser. Steps to create the travel blog for free are:
- Sign in to your Google account
- Browse blogger.com
- Click on create a blog
- Choose a template (type travel in the search bar for travel templates)
- Give a name to the blog and URL (such as mytravelsite.blogspot.com)
There would be the phrase ‘blogspot’ in the URL created on Blogger. I’ll recommend you buying a domain it’s available for under $10 on namecheap.com and then integrating it to the Blogger site. This way you’ll have a custom domain name without ‘blogspot’.
How to create a travel blog with WordPress?
Creating a travel-blog with WordPress is way simple the following article on this site explains it from top to bottom. How to Create a Travel-Blog with WordPress: 4 Easy Steps.
Are travel blogs profitable?
When set up, your travel-blog itself may procure $2,000 – $8,000+/month, however in the event that you’ve expanded your viewpoints and begun chipping away at other revenue streams like independent composition, content creation, online media the executives, and counseling administrations, you can twofold or this figure.
How can I get a travel blog job?
For instance, you are good at writing content and have a grip on the traveling niche, you should contact renowned travel bloggers and ask them to be a blog writing assistant for their websites. You can contact Top 3 travel bloggers at:
You can also offer a travel-blog writing service on freelancing websites like Fiverr and Guru. You can visit my Fiverr profile to get insights into precisely created Fiverr gigs. Or read this article to learn about ways of making money online by writing content.
There are multiple blog niches, you can earn money with niches other than travelling. Visit this article to know about 4 free blog sites for students.
What are some attractive travel blog names?
Mostly travel blog names are based on the names of the bloggers. Like if your name is Jack, you can create a blog like jacktravels dot com, etc. Some suggestions from us are:
These are a bunch a frequently asked questions related to travel-blogging that I keep hearing from different people. I tried to answer them briefly, I hope it solves the maximum queries. However, you can ask anything related in the comments I will reply as soon as possible.